|Choose a Topic:
What is Fly Magazine?
Fly Magazine is a guide to dining, entertainment
and nightlife. Fly Magazine publishes three separate
editions covering Lancaster, York and Harrisburg. Each
monthly edition includes more entertainment coverage
than any other area publication. For more general information,
Fly Magazine Readership
Fly Magazine targets Lancaster, York and Harrisburg
residents between the ages of 18 and 40 who are socially
active and possess disposable income.
- This target audience is maintained through editorial
content and strict control of circulation and distribution.
- The high concentration of socially active readers
is maintained through limiting the distribution outlets
to bars, restaurants and other carefully selected
- This target market is verified by periodic reader
Circulation & Distribution
To maintain the desired readership, Fly Magazine's
distribution outlets are limited to carefully selected
locations. The quantities provided to each outlet are
monitored and adjusted on a monthly basis to minimize
unused copies and provide accurate circulation numbers.
- Controlled circulation prevents "over-inflated"
circulation figures and helps keep ad rates low.
- Fly Magazine is distributed free of charge
to its readers.
- Fly Magazine guarantees delivery by the first
of the month.
- Circulation and distribution outlets increase monthly;
contact the Fly Magazine office for current
Why Advertise in Fly Magazine?
Fly Magazine targets and delivers a specific
audience that is attractive to a wide range of businesses.
This audience plus our monthly format and competitive
rates create a powerful advertising tool.
- Fly Magazine clients benefit from a unique
situation in which the readers are as interested in
advertising as the editorial.
- Full-service design is included in cost of advertisements.
- Ads in Fly Magazine reach their audience
for an extended duration due to our monthly format.
- Fly Magazine's monthly format allows for
greater attention to detail, accuracy and design,
resulting in better quality ads.
- Fly Magazine offers consecutive issue packages
and other money-saving discounts.
Full color is available for use in advertising
at the following additional rates:
- 4-color process separation: add $150 per issue per
- Full color is limited to 1/4 page ads or
Fly Magazine offers several discount packages
in order to better serve the individual needs of our
- Consecutive issue discounts are available for clients
purchasing ads in three (5%), six (10%) or 12 (20%)
consecutive months. These discounts are calculated
in the preceding tables.
- A multiple issue placement discount (15%) is available
for clients running identical ads in more than one
edition in a given month. This discount is provided
in addition to any consecutive issue discounts.
Miscellaneous Ad Policies
- A preferred placement surcharge of 20% will guarantee
ad placement on the back page, inside cover, or within
one of four editorial sections dependent upon space
- Ad position is not guaranteed without preferred
- Publication/delivery is guaranteed on or before
the 1st of each month.
- All advertising is subject to the approval of Fly
Fly Magazine takes great pride in the design
and layout of our magazine and maintains high standards
of quality by utilizing a professional and experienced
- Ad design is included in the cost of display ads.
- Clients receive proofs of display ads prior to publication.
Electronic files that are in accordance with Fly Magazine's printing
specifications are accepted. Specifications can be found here or
contact Fly Magazine's art department for more information.
Fly Magazine utilizes two different deadlines
to manage work flow, allowing us to better serve our
- The Ad Size Deadline is on or about the 8th of each
month and is the last day to reserve space for the
upcoming issue; signed contracts for new clients and
size changes must be received by this deadline.
- The Ad Copy Deadline is on or about the 15th of
each month and is the last day to submit ad copy for
the upcoming issue.
- For exact deadline dates for future months, contact
the Fly Magazine office.
Billing policy is summarized below; for more information
regarding billing, contact your sales associate or Fly
Magazine's billing department.
- All clients are required to sign advertising contracts
detailing duration, discounts and billing policies.
- Advanced payment of first month's ad is required
for first-time advertisers.
- Except for first-time advertisers, all ads are billed
monthly with invoices issued on the first of each
- Payment terms are net 10 days from invoice date.
- Any and all discounts are forfeited on accounts
falling 15 days past due.
- Advertising will be suspended and contracts will
be cancelled on accounts that remain delinquent.
- In the event of a canceled contract, accrued discounts
will be forfeited and a cancellation fee of $200 will